Founded in 1986, Codemasters has a long-standing reputation as one of the premier game developers in the industry. At the heart of Codemasters is the official Formula One game ™, one of the most critically acclaimed sporting franchises of the last decade. Our Global team brings together a diverse team including artists, engineers, and designers who are motivated by a passion for creating exceptional gaming experiences.
Our award-winning studio is looking for a graphics expert to be our new Cinematics Engineering Lead and join the F1 team. Our players love to see themselves represented in game. You will lead a reinvention of our engine capabilities to create new pipelines for storytelling in our games. Evolving the technology across our yearly releases, your work will help artists and designers to create high-quality in-engine cinematics which allow our players to express themselves and make them the star.
This role can either be based in our Birmingham, UK office, or fully remote. You will be responsible for all technical aspects of the pipeline from Tools, Graphics and Technical Art. Updating our game, tools and workflows to use the latest standards from the Film, TV and Virtual Production industry will allow us to improve and bring the drama and excitement of F1 to life for the player. We want to expand the palette of scenes, ensure greater variation and customisation, and increase the quality of the visuals to that of pre-rendered cinematics and approach or exceed the look and style of modern TV footage.
• Reporting to a Technical Director you will Develop roadmaps, technical designs, defining workflows, tools and systems relating to cinematics shown in our game engine.
• Be hands-on implementing high-quality code in a large codebase, within a cross discipline agile team and maintain and extend existing code in rendering areas, collaborating with other engine, tools and feature teams.
• Help to maintain high code standards across the engine development team.
Here's what you will need:
• C++ knowledge
• Experience in modern 3D graphics APIs on PC and console games (e.g. Direct 3D 12).
• Experience writing shaders (HLSL/CG)
• Experience of debugging and profiling tools.
• Knowledge of modern rendering techniques, such as physically based rendering and raytracing.
• 5 years experience working in a rendering or Technical art related role.
• Knowledge of film industry techniques for manipulating cameras; manage lighting; and postprocess techniques would be advantageous.
• Knowledge of Scrum and Agile processes are desirable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzz0p2-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.