EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with global EA Studios Game teams to achieve outstanding visuals, audio and technology. We are a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios Worldwide, and we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, creatively motivated through collaboration, culture and craft.
Committed to supporting our games with the creation of amazing Content, the EA Create Characters team enriches players' experience with a cast of characters and variety of character accessories such as full body outfits, uniforms, accessories, hair and headgear.
We are looking for an accomplished and experienced Director / Lead Character Artist to join our Madden Art Team.
The Madden Character Director is a creative role part of our Art Leadership team - working with the Art-Director, Development Directors, Tech Leads and other Department Leads to define & execute the Visual vision for the game.
By leading our Character team, you will oversee visual quality for the content and experiences you will help create.
For this role you will report to Project Development Director.
Who You Are:
• Experienced with 7+ years of Game-industry character creation production
• You have experience participating in the creation of visual targets and asset pipeline developments, in collaboration with Art Director, Project Managers & Technical Managers
• You have experience overseeing character developments across multiple Features, Asset-categories, Hair & Cloth
• You have experience leading a mid-size team of internal artists (10 – 15+ artists) to achieve high-quality assets to time and technical budget constraints
• You have experience mentoring your team, and you have a passion for developing others
• You have expert-level modeling experience with Maya and ZBrush (high-fidelity 3D modeling / sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly)
• You have expert-level texturing experience with Substance Painter and Photoshop with an overall emphasis on realism
• You are knowledgeable of PBR workflows and how to create game resolution topology with considerations for deformation and rigging
• You have experience working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Unity)
• You are an expert in proportion and composition with an eye for surface and color
• You have experience designing new workflows, troubleshooting, and improving processes within a team to enhance character fidelity as a whole
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7x11-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.