The Character Artist will oversee modeling and texturing real-time 3d game art, specializing in character creation. The artist will also adhere to proper organization and hierarchies within their art to building clean and efficient geometry. The artist can both model and texture human and non-human characters evenly and follow instructions as set forth by the Lead Artist. As a Character Artist you will build item content for game including Modeling, UV mapping, and texturing of items per technical specification. Working with the Art Lead to make sure items work following the tech spec and art style.
You will report to the Associate Character Supervisor of EA Create Shanghai.
• You will need to clean low/high polygon, (organic and non-organic) modeling skills
• You will need to create realistic and stylized character art from concept
• Experience with mesh/UV mapping and texture layout, with focus on character art
• Expertise in Maya and Photoshop
• English and Mandarin proficiency
• Excellent conceptual, illustration and design skills
• Detail oriented and able to meet project requirements
• 5+ years experience in 3D Character area is required
• Experience with human form, anatomy and muscle structure
• Experience with weight, proportion and exaggeration
• Technical knowledge of production pipeline
• Formal traditional art training
• Sculpting and animation skills
• Help guide junior artists
• A resume and portfolio that reflects the skills above
• Passion for games
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.