EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Art team creates compelling visual experiences across multiple genres and art styles. Visual art and technical art unite to create incredible characters and the worlds they inhabit. The Art team encompasses animation, characters, lighting, rigging, technical art, visual effects and worlds.
Character Artist II
The Character Artist builds the geometry of organic and inorganic characters in the game. EA Character Artists are experienced in human character modeling of both realistic and stylized figures in Maya. Character models are complex and detailed in video games with some characters coming close to 500,000 polygons. The Character Artist will show an interest in opportunities to improve character creation across multiple teams within EA. While they will report to a local Development Director, they will work directly with the Lead Character Artist and the Art Director to ensure content is meeting our bar.
What does EA look for:
• 6+ years' experience in modeling and character art
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• A portfolio in realistic character art. Please provide a link to a portfolio on the resume.
• Experience working with Maya, Photoshop, and ZBrush
• Experience in prototyping and working with diverse teams consisting of technical artists, artists, and engineers.
• Knowledge of the latest industry-standard tools, workflows, and techniques including physically based rendering.
• Demonstrate an expert understanding of human anatomy, clothing construction (wrinkle behavior), proportion, silhouette, and topology, and how it relates to rendering and deformation.
• Demonstrate an understanding of a broad mix of character-related disciplines such as modeling, texturing, shading, rigging and binding, animation, facial animation, and blend shapes.
• Experience presenting art direction focus and art reviews through to our teams.
• Demonstrate an expert ability to prepare assets for physical simulations such as cloth, hair.
• Demonstrate an excellent ability to interpret 2D reference material and scan data into 3D textured and surfaced models.
• Demonstrate an ability to document workflows to be used by our teams.
• Sports knowledge and enthusiasm a plus.