Our Compatibility and Technology (CAT) team is looking for a CATLab QV Tester for our Austin office. You will perform an important role in game and software development. From testing, analyzing, and recording any flaws or 'bugs', these refinements lead to higher quality and better playability of the finished game. You will perform manual testing and locating hardware specific bugs for multiple game titles. As a great CatLab QV tester you are willing to learn, ask questions, experiment, and take risks. You will report to the Development Manager of the team.
• You will test, analyze, and record performance based on pre-defined metrics.
• You will write reports of any bugs or issues discovered and creating accurate, useful documentation.
• You will gather and also analyze performance data to determine the root of any performance drops. Additionally, this role may be asked to directly support the feature testing process to contribute to the quality of the game.
• You will be a part of a team - which makes communication and teamwork a necessity.
• You are eager to improve and contribute to the quality of the development team. You are comfortable with new technology and exploring unfamiliar software and concepts.
• You have enthusiasm for computer hardware and game consoles and have experience setting up PCs and installing network switches.
• 1+ years of experience working in office environment (emails, excel, google documents, databases, and slack).
• Programming knowledge or experience is desirable as there will be lots of hands-on with prototype software and code.
• Excellent time and task management.
• Excellent English language skills (both written and verbal) are necessary to document issues and report them to colleagues. These findings can later be shared with a development team on the other side of the world or with a fellow tester sitting right next to them, which makes clear verbal skills important.
• All shifts are worked Monday through Friday onsite at our Austin office. There are occasional opportunities for overtime.
• You will operate on the following shift: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Full-time day shift)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk66o8-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.