- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionStart date: 1st July 2021
Please apply with a cover letter and CV in English.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
You will join a dynamic team of four people, two based in Cologne and two based in Geneva, and will be working on EA SPORTS franchises (Mainly on FIFA, but also on other SPORTS franchises).Our remit covers a vast range of topics and responsibilities. Working with clubs, leagues, players, agencies and our community in campaigns throughout the season and creating new and exciting activations are the bread and butter of the work we do.
As part of these, you will work on social and community engagement through building loyalty, igniting social advocacy at scale, with local relevance, with local players, communities and influencers. While supporting the existing team is one area, you will also lead projects on your own.
You will receive comprehensive training on all aspects of up-to-date integrated product marketing and communications and we also have a mentorship program in place, as your professional development is a key aspect for us. Even though marketing will be your primary field, we offer you opportunities to learn more about other areas of our business. And no, you don't have to make coffee for the team or stand on the copy machine all day!
The traineeship will last between 18 to 24 months.
What you will be doing:
• Reporting to the Campaign Lead, you will support the local and international marketing team in their daily work with focus on campaign execution on FIFA and our EA SPORTS franchises
• Manage relationships with external partners like clubs or partner companies
• Localisation of marketing assets
• Develop earned and owned media strategy and outreach, owned and shared channel content distribution, monitoring, engaging and reporting
• Execution and monitoring of local consumer, media & influencer activities
• Conduct or manage media, community and influencer outreach and relations via agencies and on your own
• Being responsible for ensuring outward product conversation on respective products align with brand voice guidelines and social media policies
• Monitor and flag crisis situations and trends
• Liaises with the regional and international Marketing and Communications team to maximize communications exposure
• Support the whole EA marketing team in daily operations like daily inquiries, sample distribution, press requests, etc.
• Additionally, there will be several sections to learn individual marketing skills (writing press releases, knowledge of all communication means, corporate journalism, crisis communications, interview/media training, Insights into Marketing and PR etc.).
What we're looking for:
• First experience (e.g. through internship) in agencies or marketing / communication departments, ideally within sports marketing
• Fluent level of both German and English
• You are able to work in international environment
• Positive and flexible personality
• Passion for sports (especially football) and entertainment
• Good knowledge of the media and communication landscape
• Experience with consumer behaviour on digital channels
• You will have the ability to balance a variety of projects
• Accurate and reliable handling of sensitive data
• Basic knowledge of image processing (for example, Adobe Photoshop)
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
• Comprehensive training on all aspects of up-to-date integrated product marketing and communications
• Autonomous and creative work in an intercultural environment.
• Appropriate compensation as a trainee.
• 28 days annual leave.
• Flexible working hours related to your individual work-life balance.
• Precautionary measures which put your health and wellbeing first e.g. by doing your traineeship partially from home
• Further benefits and perks.
You will be equipped with a full, high-quality remote working tech setup including Laptop, Phone and screen.
Where will you work:
In the beginning, you will work from home. Once we are coming back to the office (most likely at the tail end of this year), a flexible work model will be in place. This means you will work in the office some days of the week.
We thought you might also want to know more about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/cologne
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3271-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.