Senior Software Engineer
Remote / Virtual
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms.
DRE are EA's global automation specialists. We are a team of more than 90 staff based in eight EA studios in North America and Europe. We work with our internal customers (EA's game, engine, product, and content teams) and serve them by providing services related to Build & Test Automation, Continuous Integration, Metrics Reporting, and Virtual Infrastructure.
You would join the Development and Release Engineering team (DRE) at EA Redwood Shores as a Build Engineer. You will work closely with the Maxis team on different projects, assisting with build and release automation, configuration management, and metrics collection. You will report to the Development Director for the DRE Maxis team.
• Work with game teams to ensure automation meets requirements and availability needs
• Continuous integration mixed with configuration management
• Support automation farm for builds and tests, including software configuration, software updates, and setting up new projects
• Report regular status on assigned tasks and identify project risks that could have a negative impact
• Provide first-tier troubleshooting support for automation infrastructure
• Document issues and solutions to help team members to solve problems and apply the solutions across a variety of different environments
• Monitor dashboards and analyze metrics to improve automation systems
• Design flexible solutions that work in multiple environments and require little to no maintenance. These solutions generally use existing tools rather than creating new ones
• Maintain internal tools to support a reliable release environment
• Manage access requests within CM infrastructure (source code and build output)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Experience with revision control and version-control concepts including branching and integration
• Experience with Python
• Comfortable with Windows OS (server & workstation)'
• A specialty in native Apple development, and exposure to apple's provisioning and notarization practices
• 2+ years of experience in either build automation or DevOps
• Experience with distributed build systems
• Experience with Groovy Scripts
• Experience with Perforce
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn781-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.