Build Engineer (Temporary)
DRE are EA's continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are seeking a passionate individual to join DRE in Edmonton as a Build Engineer and provide exemplary services to the BioWare team.
• Manage automation systems for multiple projects and hundreds of hosts across multiple sites.
• Design and implement new build, test, and deployment features for game and central teams.
• Constantly improve the usability, dependability, and performance of these systems.
• Enhance the scalability and manageability of these systems through virtualization, cloud, and other DevOps technologies.
• Implement telemetry and monitoring and KPI (key performance indicator) reports and dashboards.
We operate in a broad and dynamic technical environment. Candidates with experience in software development will be well-regarded, and exposure to a range of DevOps tools & technologies is a bonus.
• OO programming languages (e.g. Java)
• Scripting languages (e.g. Python)
• Source-control administration (e.g. Perforce, Git)
• Build pipeline tools (e.g. Jenkins, QuickBuild)
• Configuration Management and Continuous Integration/Deployment
• Cloud deployments (e.g. to AWS, Azure, Google)
• Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
• Orchestration tools (e.g. Puppet, Terraform)
• System administration (e.g. Linux, Windows, VMware)
• Telemetry and monitoring systems (e.g. ELK, Splunk, DataDog)
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
• Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate
• Ability to self-manage tasks and responsibilities
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Prior experience in the gaming industry is a nice bonus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8mj1-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.