Design Director / Design Lead
Redwood City, CA
Brand Concept Artist
EA is one of the leading video game entertainment companies in the world--with top-selling franchises, award-winning technology, fan programs, and cross-platform experiences, EA is an industry leader.
As a concept artist, you will work with the Brand Creative team to produce marketing art that defies convention and leads performance. This requires a high level of polish, ability to produce stylized art, and experience bringing already established characters from monumental media properties to life. The Brand Concept Artist will work on several projects for the most important intellectual properties EA gets to market.
• Create stylized paintings and illustrations.
• Create different concepts including characters, creatures, props, vehicles, architecture, and environments.
• Design original concepts while following specific style guides.
• Partner with the concept team to create balanced solutions to all related technical and aesthetic issues.
• Translate visual development into production ready creations.
• Maintain a standard of art by providing several and viable solutions.
• Provide research and conceptual development ideas independently.
• Create color moods that capture the feel of the environments.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in game development or art-related field.
• Expert skills in Photoshop
• Painting skills in traditional and digital illustrations and use of color.
• Demonstrate concept's evolution from rough ideation to a final tight drawing or ''blueprint''.
• Create a large volume of quality concept art throughout the project's development cycle.
• Enjoy working with an established art style.
• A traditionally accomplished artist with an understanding of human anatomy and architectural and environmental design.
• Experience with lighting, composition, color theory, atmosphere, materials, and textures.
• Have excellent senses of human proportion, costuming, color composition, and can render both stylized characters and imaginative fantasy or realistic environments.
• Experience with game creation processes and dependencies.
• Excellent rendering skills: The ability to provide color keys, mood paintings, and style sheets from rough to fully realized paintings.
• Excellent at sharing concepts and ideas.
• A positive person with a passion for game development.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.