EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Audio Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
What this Audio Software Engineer will do at EA Sports:
• Work with Audio Artists, Designers, and other game area SEs to support Audio features and ensure quality results
• Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code for Audio features on an AAA title
• Maintain and implement tools and pipelines
The next great EA Sports Software Engineer also needs:
• Post-Secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Systems, Computer Engineering, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Strong expertise with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
• Experience with C# and/or Lua
• Knowledge of good software engineering practices
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
• Excellent debugging experience using tools to help debug
• Work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion
Nice to have:
• Experience shipping a console title (i.e. PS4, XboxOne )
• Expertise in a core domain such as audio, user interfaces, gameplay, animation, pipelines, tools, etc
• Experience with music theory or performance, recording, or audio technologies
The benefits and perks of working for EA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq594z-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.