Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
This is an Audio Artist position with the Ripple Effect Studios Audio Team in Los Angeles, supporting the Battlefield Franchise. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three-hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
In this role, your primary focus will be to work as a Sound Designer supporting our World team. This will involve creating ambient backgrounds, spot emitters, and many other sound effects that bring our worlds to life. Sound Design will be your focus, but you must also be comfortable with asset integration and the technical aspects of working in our 3D game editor FrostEd. In addition, we will also rely on you to partner with and encourage our junior level Audio Artists, occasionally reviewing assets and making sure they meet our quality level.
For this position, we are looking for an experienced Audio Artist. This is not an entry level position.
• Help our Audio Team craft a world class Audio experience
• Be a key sound design contributor within our Audio Team
• Use a DAW to edit, name and organize sound files
• Work within the FrostED game editor to import, name, and organize audio assets
• Set up visual scripting logic in order to trigger assets in software
• Be an active participant in location sound recording sessions: sound effects, foley, weapons, ambience, etc.
• Testing and Quality Control of in-game audio assets
• Must contribute to the training and mentoring of junior level Audio Team members
• Take direction from the Audio Director and Senior Sound Designer, and work as a positive and productive member of the Audio Team
• At least two years' experience as a Sound Designer working in the Games or Film industries
• BA, Technical School Degree, or equivalent work experience in Sound Design or Recording Arts
• In depth knowledge of audio theory and sound design practices; includes knowledge of waveform editing, equalization, compression, mixing, plug ins, etc.
• Proficiency with audio software ~ DAW, such as Reaper, Nuendo, Pro Tools, Sound Forge, Vegas, Cubase, Logic
• Proficiency with audio plug in software such as Waves, FabFilter, iZotope, Soundtoys, etc.
• Experience or knowledge of audio game development tools, such as Wwise, FMOD, or other proprietary Editors
• Strong technical proficiency. Knowledge or experience with any visual scripting program is a plus (such as Reaktor, Max, Pure Data, UDK)
• You must be committed to growing within your craft, and continuously improving your skillset as a Sound Designer
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
The following are required as part of the application process:
• Apply online with Resume
• Provide weblink on resume for online Sound Design Demo / Portfolio (required)
• As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete an audio questionnaire
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjvpow-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.