Audio Artist III (Contract) - Maxis
Location: Redwood Shores, CA
At Maxis we excel at unique thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. We change the way millions play every day. We are looking for someone passionate about games and audio that will help us craft creative soundscapes that will surprise and delight our unique and demanding players.
The Maxis Studio of Electronic Arts is looking for an Audio Artist III to join the sound team to help us ship upcoming packs for The Sims 4.
• Sound design from the ground up, including rendering and specifying audio in animations, creating sound event specifications and designing to picture
• Trouble-shoot and fix bugs related to sound effects
• Receive and apply feedback provided by team members
• Create audio specifically designed for our unique brand
• Always be looking for ways to improve audio process, technology, and tools for sound
• You will report to the Development Director for the Audio team
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum 3 years or equivalent audio production experience
• 3+ years of game audio experience
• Outstanding sound design and listening skills
• Experience in foley recording and remote production
• Fully proficient in DAW production and associated audio production tools
• Experience in the area of technical implementation of game audio
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Solid experience using game audio development tools, technology, and pipelines
• Solid knowledge of PC and macOS audio hardware
• Ability to quickly and flexibly move from multiple projects and roles
• Familiarity and experience with The Sims franchise is encouraged
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89bwq-3-236-239-91-42 in your application.