Redwood City, CA
Direct report to Vice President, CGE Commercialization
You will join our Commercial team to lead the program to increase viewing Audiences for EA's Competitive Gaming Entertainment team. This is an important leadership role for the CGE and our Commercial team.
Audiences and fandom are a fuel to move the CGE business forward and put us in position to build a new viewership-based business for EA, create in-game value and achieve out-of-game revenues. Audiences are the foundation for the CGE for the future. You will work across each of our CGE titles, including the large, global EA Sports FIFA titles, the fast-growing, global Apex Legends title, a confidential new initiative, and our EA Sports Madden title. You will grow the audiences across digital, social and linear platforms, both live and non-live. Audience growth is increased by many different parts of the business and leading, organizing and progressing the results across each of these groups is imperative for our success.
I am looking for a motivated team member, who has the leadership capabilities, demonstrated executional excellence across large business initiatives, and the ability to manage and develop our own team, to be our audience growth leader and ''momentum driver''. We must build and execute an operational framework to organize, prioritize, track and communicate the work. We must build a culture of Audience Growth across all our teams and partners. You will work with many functions, including the Commissioners, Operations, Broadcasting, Marketing Consumer Insights, and several groups within Marketing among others to achieve our goals.
You are passionate about Competitive Video gaming, forming connections with our fans and viewers and growing our CGE business. We need talent, great minds and thoughtful people to lead us into a very bright future. It is a very exciting time to get on board and lead these efforts for all of us.
The Audience Growth Director drives a sustained increase in viewership for each of our titles. Their main responsibilities include
• Provide overall leadership for this cross-team Audience Growth initiative, with responsibility for defining goals and metrics, assessing achievement to goals, and defining / implementing corrective action plans
• Lead and drive this initiative with multiple teams to common goals, employing the appropriate people, processes and frameworks. Adapt the approach as we move forward to mobilize teams, hold them accountable and drive to results
• Promote audience growth and embed it as an important, prioritized part of our CGE culture. Be a momentum driver across teams. Everyone cares!
• Assess and use appropriate tools to measure progress against goals such as project management tools for status, risk tracking and issue resolution/escalation; establish a prioritization process and communication approach and tools
• Lead and drive Program Communications, including, for example, overall program progress, lead quarterly roadmap prioritization, run monthly Steering Committee Meetings – highlighting risks and roadblocks, lead weekly program meetings and consolidate materials for Sr. Exec meetings
• Escalate to address roadblocks and issues
• Lead the CGE Audience Growth team, with an emphasis on defining the strategy, clear roles and responsibilities, empowering team members, and facilitating career growth
• Create and support a diverse, welcoming and inclusive team
• Be a high-contributing member of the Commercial team leadership, support the CGE and Commercial team strategy, and build excellent chemistry and culture with all teams
• Work well across multiple EA groups
• Provide functional expertise for viewership growth
• Ensure insights cross pollinate across CGE franchises and internal partners
• 15+ years of experience in esports, sports, video gaming or other media and entertainment with the goal of growing audiences. Marketing, media, digital media, consumer marketing or fan and viewership growth roles are ideal
• Experience in leadership, large-scale initiatives and executional excellence. Delivered successful results
• Experience growing audiences for content
• Deep knowledge of global media platforms, including digital, social, and linear, and how audiences behave on these platforms. Digital know-how is a priority
• Experience working globally with an understanding of global and local differences, content distribution, and content customization
• Lead a direct team and of large-scale initiatives
• Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
• Collaborative. At EA we frequently work across teams and organizational lines
• Gain agreement across teams and projects
• Must be passionate about esports, viewership, and building a business
• Comfortable working with deadlines
• Passionate, committed, accountable
• Flexible. We adapt our plans to marketplace changes
• Great teammate
This position is located at EA's Redwood Shores (EARS), California location.
We are proud of the great perks we offer such as comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values and appreciates diversity, creativity, individuality, and inclusion.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.