Associate Technical Artist - Madden
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The EA SPORTS ART team is a global community of content creators, fueled by imagination and a unified passion to grow the love of sports for players worldwide through inspiring visuals and immersive experiences. We push visual boundaries and create leading edge content across multiple disciplines. Serving our broad portfolio of sports titles, and across multiple art styles, we craft amazing games for hundreds of millions of sports fans worldwide.
EA SPORTS ART encompasses Characters, Environments, Lighting, Project Management, Technical Art, and Visual Effects. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to the table
The Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and content production workflows.
The Associate Technical Artist is a bridge between the artists and engineers. They are considered part of the art team and work closely with artists, project managers, SEs and the Technical Art team. The main areas of responsibilities include art production workflows, tools, pipelines, asset optimization/integration and shader development. TAs are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their project and bring them to resolution. You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science background; however you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science. Associate Technical Artists report to Technical Art Directors on the EA SPORTS ART team.
• Ideally at least 2 years of cinematic/games production experience.
• A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related field is desired.
• Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
• Proficient scripting/programming in python and C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
• Expert knowledge of a 2D and 3D art packages: Maya/Photoshop needed. Houdini/Substance Designer a bonus.
• A solutions-provider, particularly as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
• Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
• A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems; the ability to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
• A Passion for Games!
It is required that you submit a portfolio/presentation of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio or attaching documents to your resume. Include detailed breakdowns of your work and be clear about which elements you personally created.
Please include as many examples of the following as you can:
• Tools and pipeline work. Provide script and code samples. For example: exhibit how you took a problem, went about solving it, and show the result as part of a video capture or a series of screenshots. Include any relevant code.
• Examples of 3D graphics in areas such as modeling, animation, lighting, visual effects, and shading.
• Any art (traditional or digital media) that you have personally created.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g43qzz-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.