Associate Quality Designers perform an important role in game development, supporting iterative development of AAA game titles. Essentially, you are the expert and voice of quality for an assigned game, franchise or feature. The job involves playing (i.e., testing) the game in a systematic way, analyzing the game's performance against the designer's intentions, identifying problems, and suggesting improvements. In effect, they are the game's first audience, reporting on playability and identifying any aspects which could be improved. Analysts steer the quality of features and content throughout the game development process.
What an Associate Quality Designer does at EA:
The Associate Quality Designer role applies both white-box and black-box testing methodologies, using data and automated testing to identify bugs as early as possible in the development cycle. They review designs to ensure that the title reduces the amount of bugs it creates and they provide feedback on the ''fun'' factor to help bring our games to the next level!
Additionally you will investigate and track relevant data from assigned projects for KPI reporting, contribute to the development and follow-up of test plans and materials, and escalate critical issues and risks to Development and QA partners.
The next great EA Associate Quality Designer also needs:
• Understand software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes.
• Experience with embedded QA methodologies and bug prevention strategies is a plus.
• Familiarity with PC/Console hardware/software/peripheral knowledge.
• Specialized post-secondary degree/diploma or work equivalent is a plus.
• Knowledge of/or experience using JIRA is a plus.
• Knowledge of/or experience using Perforce is a plus.
• Familiarity with analyzing data is a plus.
• Automation experience is a plus.
• Familiarity with iOS, Android, Windows is a plus.
Regarding Performance Competencies (Non-Technical Skills) we need someone who:
• Communicates in a clear manner. Very fluent in English (written and spoken).
• Collaborates and works towards common goals with others. Team-oriented.
• Being familiar with Sports games is a plus (especially American football)..
• Being an avid gamer and passionate for videogames is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm90kv-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.