Associate Quality Designer
The Challenge Ahead:
The Associate Quality Designer (AQD) will be responsible for supporting the DTS SONAR team on their assigned project. The AQD will be able to demonstrate sound technical platform and game knowledge and help write test plans for the title you are responsible for. The candidate will require a strong quality mindset and effective stakeholder management in order to be successful. They will be accountable for planning and managing test coverage on client and server releases, reporting on results, and ultimately confirming the success of a release. As an Associate Quality Designer, you will report to the Development Manager.
• Safeguarding the Players end-to-end experience.
• Driving retail verification of content/releases in Live.
• Utilizing Player information proximity, studio partnerships, tools, and data to investigate and assess player facing issues.
• Utilizing tools across multiple sources to understand Player sentiment and pinpoint key issues in the wild.
• Identification, escalation, and elimination of central issues that benefit multiple stakeholders.
• Reducing manual test hours by utilising automation, supported by data and tools, to guide risk-based testing efforts.
Development Technology & Services (DTS)
Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA Studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Quality, Verification & Standards, Studios Technology Group, Studios Data & Insights, DTS Operations, and SEED.
• Work closely with Quality Designer to define custom Live strategies on your project.
• Work with product owners to identify risks and plan testing for live releases.
• Craft and design test plans, including scheduling, reporting, and executing.
• Perform complex testing on games to verify proper function, data content, performance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility.
• Analyse and troubleshoot reported bugs and internal issues.
• Define dashboards and issue flows in JIRA.
• Create confluence pages that report on key information for stakeholders.
• Attend initial and regular stakeholder meetings to discuss strategy, challenges, and results.
• A passion for quality.
• Previous games or software development QA experience (2+ years).
• Knowledge of gaming consoles and their systems.
• Determination to achieve quality in an environment with conflicting priorities and shifting requirements.
• Excellent communication and cooperation skills to build partnerships across geographically distributed teams.
• Proactive, curious, always looking to learn as an individual and as a team member, flexible - being able to embrace changes.
• Experience with applications such as JIRA, Confluence, TestRail (desirable).
• Experience with test automation, telemetry, or data analysis (desirable).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29e9y-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.