We're Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we've entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our experienced people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series, Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We'd love to hear yours! Crunch doesn't help make a better game. We don't do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK.
What a Lighting Artist does at Criterion:
We're looking for a Lighting Artist who can combine an eye for composition and tone with a technical knowledge of real time lighting. We need your passion for atmosphere and style to contribute to game lighting, cinematic lighting, post-process treatments and grading. You will add visual quality and help improve performance of the game.
The Challenge Ahead
You will report to the Lighting Lead as part of a team that works collaboratively in an iterative design process; breaking down deliverables; share regular updates and deliver on commitments. You will also work with your team members to collaborate with other crafts across the studio.
What we are looking for:
• Understanding of lighting, shading and PBR for realtime and offline including optimisation for performance and quality (e.g. UE4, Marmoset, Vray, Arnold, or Redshift).
• You will have experience working with a creative and technical brief.
• Knowledge of reference capture, HDRI workflows and post processing in real time engines.
• You will be experienced in implementing lighting and shading in DCC (e.g. Maya, 3dsmax, Houdini, Substance).
• Keen to receive feedback, to learn and develop.
• A broad interest in aspects of visual art outside of video games.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer great benefits packages, but more importantly, because we love working with outstanding creators, we maintain a culture that appreciates creative freedom and autonomy.
• Great compensation package, annual bonus scheme and stock plans.
• Benefits including private medical insurance, dental care, pension scheme and life insurance.
• Extras like employee discounts, Rail season ticket loan, free games.
• 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
• Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
• Casual dress code
• More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com/
• More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d29655-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.