User Acquisition Manager
Redwood City, CA
Associate, Global Social Channel Engagement (Contract)
The Community Activation Team connects with the voices of EA's 300+ million players playing our roster of global games. The team's mission is to build healthy communities via authentic experiences designed to engage, inform, and empower to create and ignite social advocacy at scale.
The Associate, Social Channel Engagement is an entry level 12 month temporary contingent contractor position that is part of EA's Global Social Media Engagement team. Among a group of social media experts, you will support Battlefield and Need for Speed with the goal of building and maintaining relationships with players and fans through authentic, engaging, lightweight content and stories distributed via social media channels. The role reports into the Lead, Social Channel Engagement and teams-up with the cross functional marketing partners. The Associate assists with all the tasks pertaining to the content production, deployment, publishing and reporting for Battlefield and Need for Speed titles.
As part of EA's marketing and communications organization (MARCOM), the Social Channel Engagement team is in direct dialogue with players and fans, defines the content, and helps foster and maintain fandom for one of the largest Entertainment brands in the world.
The ideal candidate has a passion for Entertainment/video games, social media, storytelling, and creating fun and engaging content. Creativity and an eye for good content and stories are a must and the person who has a knack for catching and surfing trends and topics that will excite players and create dialogue will be successful in this role.
• Craft, plan, curate, and publish communications materials for Battlefield and Need for Speed social media channels.
• Nurture and grow Battlefield and Need for Speed communities daily, by excellent social media execution on platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, GIPHY, Facebook, YouTube, and Tenor.
• Support Battlefield and Need for Speed live service and franchise initiatives. Liaise with Social Engagement leads, Community leads, Marcom teams, and other partners for the direct-to-player multi-channel communications planning and execution.
• Track culturally relevant accounts and content shared by trendsetters and influencers, to insert the brand into trends and pop culture.
• Source top User Generated Content to highlight on our social channels.
• Draft social copy that is aligned with the brand voice and sparks engagements within the community.
• Manage the creative planning and pipeline with creative services.
• Maintain a positive and transparent two-way dialogue with players and stakeholders via official brand accounts.
• Track and report on social post performance, channel growth, and community health.
Qualifications + Requirements
• 1+ years' experience working in an online community, and/or with social media.
• Experience with drafting social media messaging or other forms of copywriting. Proficient in writing and grammar.
• Solid understanding of Live Service operations and Game Development processes.
• Ability to translate sentiment data to yield player insights that will lead to improved player experience.
• Proven track record in objectively interpreting customer/community feedback and making actionable recommendations.
• Bachelor Degree in Communications, User Research, Marketing, or Game Development a plus. Significant Licensor, Live Service, or Operations experience also a plus.
• Passion/interest for playing Battlefield and Need for Speed games a plus.
As part of your application, please provide the items below, all together in one document.
• An up to date resume.
• A short write-up about your motivation and qualifications for the space and the role - we care to hear about the games you love playing and the things that inspire you outside of work. We are a team of gamers and creative minds!
• A PDF that showcases recent content / programs you have worked on that you are the most proud of with a sense of scale / impact / performance.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.