Associate Game Designer
Location - Hyderabad
We are EA – one of the world's largest video games publishers who has been instrumental in shaping the games industry as it stands today! The company is over 39 years old and continues to entertain millions of players all over the world with high quality video games across all platforms – from social, console, mobile and handhelds! You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass- casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Plants vs Zombies, Real Racing, Need for Speed, Fifa Mobile, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, The Sims Mobile, Simcity Buildit, Bejeweled and many more!
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA's largest development locations with more than 700 passionate personnel involved in mobile game development, testing, production, distribution, and other central functions such as finance, central engineering and more. The game development studio, Slingshot Games, is part of the studios organization that is committed to conceptualizing and developing new games and running live services for some of EA's top mobile games.
Slingshot Games takes great pride in being one of the critical studios for EA Mobile's strategy for future growth. With a long track record of running an extremely diverse portfolio of games and live services across multiple genres and players, we are now home to supporting incubation of new game ideas, production of new games, running live services on some of the world's best games on mobile! What's even more exciting is the rapidly growing market opportunity in India – games and esports, having a world class game development team, some of the biggest IPs like Fifa, Need for Speed, Apex Legends and the focus to bring these game experiences to India!
Here are the values we truly believe in:
Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
Ownership – Get things done
Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
At EA, Associate Designers working with our live service teams, are responsible for driving the day to day creative work that keeps our games fun, fresh and engaging.
How would your day look like:
• Create great content – Our Designers work with the members of their team to create features and programs that delight our players
• Ensure the highest quality – Testing your creations and working with the QA team to make sure things do what they are supposed to do
• Service a 7 day a week game service – Sometimes, off-hour work will be necessary. Players are playing all day, every day and we need to provide content for them all the time
Who fits the bill:
• Knowledge of card games (Magic: The Gathering, Pokemon, etc.) and how monetization of card gaming works
• Communication Skills – we're looking for candidates who can easily speak their minds about group ideas or their own, as well as, someone who is comfortable and has experience in writing for published works
• Awareness of E-commerce within Video Games or other similar platforms
• Be comfortable with computers – XML and SQL will be your primary tools in this position
• Be passionate about games – We are looking for people who play games and understand why they love playing them (and why they don't sometimes)
• Creative and collaborative – A friendly and open nature and an active and curious mind fit in well with us
• And being a Basketball fan is a plus…but, not a requirement!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rop2xp-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.