Development Release Engineer
Associate Development Manager
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
An Associate Development Manager (ADM), is responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of a game feature on time and within budget. The ADM oversees the project schedule, hiring, and manages the team to deliver to a high standard
• Manages a development team which generally consists of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists, and/or Designers. Works across feature development teams to lock down requirements and specifications.
• Anticipates bottlenecks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and drive initial partner deployments.
• Identifies task-related processes to improve efficiency
• Focuses on the immediate team and identifies team issues and suggests solutions related to execution goals.
• Ensures each project setup meets the specifications with Studio.
• Provides regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
• Tracks and implements project improvement plans to drive team efficiency.
• Defines engagement practices and processes: Ensure all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow.
• Mentors individual contributors within the project team
• Ensures all have professional development plans. Conducts regular one-on-ones.
What skills does EA look for?
An EA Associate Development Manager is expected to have at a minimum, one of the following: 2 years Project Management or Project Lead experience, 2 years of experience in a software development environment, or generally 1-2 years of leadership experience
• Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Production/Development, Business, 3D Arts, etc. A Master's degree is a plus
• Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, tools, processes, and executions planning.
• Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment. Scrum Master Certification is desired.
• Proficient with MS Word, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Perforce, and Visio
• Experience working on console development would be a plus
• Demonstrated experience in working with broad cross-functional teams.
• Strong negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills
• Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.