Associate Development Manager
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and masscasual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Tetris Blitz, SCRABBLE, MONOPOLY, Plants vs Zombies 2, Real Racing 3, Dungeon Keeper as well as online games destination Pogo.com.
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile's largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution. The game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA's top games.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile's center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market.
Here are the values we truly believe in:
• Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
• Ownership – Get things done
• Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
• Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
• Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
As an Associate Development Manager (ADM), you'll primarily drive planning and execution on a cross-functional development team to build and ship new content, features and games.
You'll be accountable for leading the team to meet milestones and quality targets, creating and improving processes, coordinating with support departments across the company, tracking and resolving issues, monitoring development KPIs and seeking out and applying knowledge to improve the organization.
As an ADM, your responsibilities include:
Managing the project:
• Act as Scrum Master for a cross-functional development team(s)
• Drive development execution from concept to live
• Create project schedules that maximize feature quality and scope within resource, financial, and development partner constraints
• Anticipate bottlenecks and risks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and drive the process forward
Leading the team:
• Own the project schedule and communicate any divergence from the plan
• Report status at regular intervals, escalate urgent issues in a timely manner
• Hold the team accountable to its commitments
• Working with discipline leaders, evaluate individual performance and potential of team members, provide appropriate recognition and constructive feedback
• Educate the team on best practices, processes, and standards as needed
• Inspire and motivate team(s) through personal example
Being part of the team:
• Manage stakeholder communication and requirements
• Form close working relationships with team and discipline leads
• Solve problems, balance priorities, and find creative solutions that achieve results
If you're interested in this role, you'll need these skills or experiences:
• 2 + years project management or team leadership experience (preferably game development)
• Solid foundation in project management methodologies and tools
• Demonstrable knowledge of software development life cycles
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization Assets
• Game development experience (casual gaming or mobile gaming preferred)
• Familiarity with EA's mobile products
• Project management certifications or training
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzp94q-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.