Junior Web Software Engineer
We are EA
EA Madrid is home to our international Localization Testing comprised of computer engineers, producers, sound and linguistic specialists working to provide localized versions of our titles to over 30 countries around the world. At EA Madrid, you will find a vibrant, multicultural environment where each employee has an important role in this exciting organization.
Main Purpose of the Role and Considerations
Our analytics team consists of professional that are passionate about strive towards finding the best way to solve problems using data. As part of the newly created Data Analytics Team, you will be an enabler of transformation of our area.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, team-oriented Associate Big Data Engineer with an experience of deal with very large data sets and building robust ETL pipelines.
Reporting to the Data Analytics Team, as a Associate Big Data Engineer, you will work with structured'/unstructured Data sets, building large scale Data processing platforms, implementing world class data governance and operational controls, solving complex performance challenges.
• You will build but also maintain our data lake and data pipelines.
• You will design, test, deploy and documenting data validation & data lineage procedures and their outputs
• You will scale up our data infrastructure to meet business needs
• You will apply data validation tooling to profile the project source data, define or confirm the definition of the metadata, cleanse and accurately check the project data, check for duplicate or redundant records, and provide information on how to proceed with backend ETL Processes
• You will build accurate user layers to deliver data without errors in a quick way, avoiding delay in data readings.
• you will work cross-functionally with all our internal teams.
• You will communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale.
• You will use and improve actual data pipelines to fit them with the most innovative libraries.
• 2+ years of relevant work experience building and analyzing large datasets
• 2+ years of work experience architecting and solutioning
• A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or similar.
• Expertise on data governance practices
• Experience in cloud architectures (AWS), with a knowledge of big data and advanced analytics services.
• Programming languages: Python, Spark.
• Experience with data process'/exploration services like Glue, Lambda & Athena.
• Experience with Cloudformation templates.
• Knowledge on RDBMs and NoSQL.
• Develop tools and automation for the effective management and operation of Big Data platform
• Knowledge of APIs development.
• Knowledge of agile software development process
• Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and stay informed about the latest technologies. Passion for data architectures, services and libraries
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.