Assistant Motion Capture Technician - Contract
EAs Los Angeles-based Motion Capture Studio serves the motion capture needs for all of EAs game development teams world-wide. In our state-of-the-art studio we capture a wide spectrum of data types – 3D scanning, virtual cinematography, motion capture to name just a few. As a member of the team, you are supporting the various development teams to create content for EA's products. This support will be provided by the acquisition and integration of motion capture to complete the animation needs for EA's products.
We are looking for a contract Assistant Motion Capture Technician to join our team! This is a temporary 12 month assignment.
**Working hours are full time and will include time onsite at our Los Angeles capture facilities located in Chatsworth, CA. (Relocation is not offered for this position.)**
• Support the Motion Capture team w/daily production prep.
• Operation of proprietary tools related to the acquisition
• Assist with construction of set and prop pieces
• Support performer wardrobe fitting and motion capture marker application
• Take direction from motion capture lead, relating to session prep and production wrap
• Supporting the acquisition team with general studio/stage maintenance
• Facilitates flooring install / strikes
• Assuming appropriate certification is obtained, potential to operate heavy equipment such as scissor lift to ensure mocap stage is sufficiently prepared for acquiring data.
• Assuming sufficient instruction, may use tools and machinery to create props and sets for use on the motion capture stage.
• Ability to take detailed notes during shoot and assist with proprietary tools on set
• Can work well under the pressure of ''live'' production environments
• Understanding of human movement within a 3D package (Maya or Motion Builder)
• Motion Capture software experience (Cortex or Shogun)
• OFA Lv1
• Scissor lift certification
• Heavy Equipment & Workshop skills
• Set construction, or set carpentry experience
• Production experience in related entertainment industry: video games, film, TV, theater
• Audio/Video connection experience
• Technologically savvy
• Good attitude
• Excellent judgment, & communication skills; written and verbal
• Believes in teamwork and collaboration
• Ability to work independently w/ little supervision
• Self motivated, good time management
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o6mv-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.