Our motive is to create innovative action games within iconic worlds where every player feels like the hero. Let's say that again-iconic worlds, where every player feels like the hero.
Our passion has taken us from imagining dogfighter pilots in Star Wars™: Squadrons, to re-creating Isaac Clarke onboard the Ishimura in Dead Space™, and now to building an original Iron Man action-adventure video game.
We believe in sharing our passion with our community, and with each other by having transparent discussions, by practicing an inclusive culture, and by nurturing a continuous growth mindset. Our approach feels simple, but it leads to the best work of our careers, and as a team, building unique and immersive experiences.
Motive is looking for a technical artist to work with the world art and design teams to develop tools and workflows for the creation of a large open world. The candidate's primary responsibilities would be developing large systems for procedural world creation but in addition to this, would also be responsible for the development of smaller helper tools in engine or DCC applications.
• Work with the various art and engineering stakeholders to help define, create, document and manage the project's art tools and workflows.
• Develop procedural tools and systems in engine (Unreal) or DCC applications (Houdini) to help scale content production for large open worlds
• Troubleshoot technical issues with the art team, both in the DCC packages and in the game engine.
• Participate in art asset and level reviews, with an eye towards identifying technical concerns and risks.
• Guide and tutor art staff on project best practices as well as mentor junior technical art team members.
• Act as a subject matter liaison within the wider EA development community.
• Proficient in the use of Maya/3dsMax and Photoshop.
• Knowledge of procedural asset creation software like Houdini, Substance.
• Experience writing scripts/tools in Python, C# or C++.
• Experience developing procedural solutions for open world games is an asset.
• Experience with the full development cycle of AAA games.
• Experience working on current console platforms (PS4/Xbox One) and PC.
• Good understanding of modern lighting and rendering techniques is an asset.
• Holds their work to high standards and desires to meet and exceed expectations.
• Strong teamwork skills while also retaining the ability to take ownership and work independently.
• Passion for making games look and play great.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj78oe-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.