We're EA - developers of world-renowned games such as -Madden NFL, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield, Star Wars, and Plants vs. Zombies. We are committed to creating games for every platform-from PC to Console to Mobile. We pride ourselves in delivering engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
Slingshot Games, a division of Electronic Arts India, is one of EA Mobile's valued studios and is home to some of the most talented teams comprising of Design, Art, Engineering, Production, Product Management, Analytics, and Community & Marketing individuals.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile's center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market. Here are the values we truly believe in:
Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
Ownership – Get things done
Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
If you have the passion and experience of directing a large, talented team of 3D artists (characters, environments, animators), we'd love to hear from you and explore opportunities for an Associate Art Director position we have in our studio!
Your job will be to direct a team of artists to bring characters and beautifully crafted worlds to life! You will work very closely with the Studio Art Director, Game Art Leads, Product Owner, Creative Director and other cross-functional game team members where both your creativity and technical skills will help shape and improve our games.
As a confident art leader, you will be expected to the mentor team towards excellence, you will have a thorough knowledge of what good art looks like and you are able to put in place processes and examples for driving your vision forward.
Here is what we expect you to do:
• Work on the development of a visual style, design and overall look of a 3D game
• Direct a team of talented individuals to create beautiful characters, assets, and environments
• Help develop visual concepts and ideas
• Support the vision of the game design team while taking into account the business aspects of art production, timelines, and quality
• Very competent at existing tools for a 3D game and hungry enough to learn new techniques and teach them to the team
• Mobile-centric thought the process in everything you create or help create. Working with engineering teams to push the boundary as needed.
• Mentor a group of talented artists and liaise with other discipline leaders to provide leadership to the overall team
• Present your ideas in a crisp and easily digestible format
• Provide high-quality feedback and mentorship to grow other members of the art team
• Sustain and nurture a culture of inclusiveness, collaboration, and great teamwork
You will fit the role if you can tick all the boxes below:
• You have worked on and shipped at least a handful of mobile games with 4-5 years of experience in art direction
• Your expertise is 3D at the same time you are equally at home with 2D and UI
• Expertise in 3D art creation tools: 3Ds Max/Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, and 2D Tools: Photoshop and Illustrator
• Great at communication – both written and verbal
• Ability to inspire and lead!
• Ability to think like a hungry game developer looking for a win
• Ability to navigate through complex planning processes and workflows
• Some knowledge and comfort with using project planning and version management systems such as Jira, Perforce.
• Ability to provide and take constructive feedback.
• Experience leading teams with people from various art sub-disciplines such as modeling, animation, rigging, texturing, VFX and UI
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkqz3-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.