Visual Design Artist - Valorant
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for an Art Lead for Apex Legends Mobile who has fundamental art skills and the ability to visualize ideas, concepts and designs. You will be expected to contribute ideas and run with a loose description and will collaborate with other disciplines across our team and the wider studio. You will report to the Creative Director and help oversee content creation from concept to in-game execution. You will also help brand/quality review content from external developers and outsourcing studios to the Apex Legend IP.
• You will visualize environments, characters, vehicles, color schemes, seasonal themes and the overall mood and feel of the game. You should be comfortable creating rough sketches and happy to talk to our team and partners about the ideas in them.
• You will help manage/create early sketches and concepts to then delegate to our external studios and internal outsourcing studios for final execution; help art direct the work from concept all the way to in-game assets.
• The images you create should inspire our team or help them visualize ideas.
• You will also work with your team and provide leadership, feedback and mentorship where applicable towards increasing quality and efficiency of mobile-first art creation across outsourcing and external developers.
• You will help feedback and execute our high-level Creative Director's vision of seasonal content and update stakeholders of seasonal pitches and direction.
• You will lead the charge on brand reviews with external art studios and developers, ensuring quality from initial concept to in-game execution.
• Ability to produce a broad spectrum of concept work needed in our studio, everything from quick thumbnails through to final illustrations and renders- with a primary focus on concepting.
• Excellent ability to inspire, motivate and develop a team
• Understanding of color theory, value structure, and lighting fundamentals with an application to both character and environment concept art.
• Be as comfortable creating characters as you are painting environments.
• Collaborate with other Art Directors, Production Teams, Concept Artists and Content Leads from both outsourcing studios and external development partners.
• Must have a passion for videogames and understand the challenges of creating great art in this environment.
Your portfolio should demonstrate the following:
• Strong traditional art skills
• Ideally two shipped AAA titles as a Lead Concept Artist
• Thumbnails and finished illustrations
• An understanding of industrial design describing function and form
• An eye for composition and an ability to think in three dimensions
• Great use of color, light and shadow
• A breadth of creative styles
• A broad interest in aspects of visual art outside of video and computer games
• A good grasp of concept development and the iterative design process
Please include a portfolio link directly on your resume with any required passwords available
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1oox0-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.