Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles and Vancouver-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for an Art Director like you who is passionate about making high quality games, able to inspire the team and create incredible experiences for our players.
This role will report to our Studio Art Line Director, based in our studio in Los Angeles, California. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates.
• Provide artistic vision, inspirational leadership, and further development of the look and feel of our games
• Deliver verbal or visual feedback to the artists, with a focus on artistic execution
• Work with internal studios and external partners to communicate and maintain product vision
• Encourage artistic development of the art staff through training and mentorship
• Partner with production to ensure schedules and plans meet business and project needs
• Welcome and encourage feedback, team discussions, and foster an environment of safe and productive iteration
• Previous experience as an Art Director with at least one shipped AAA title
• Portfolio of work which demonstrates a high-quality bar and compelling vision
• Solid understanding of popular games and their art direction
• Broad knowledge and experience in several art disciplines including: concept, modeling, environments, characters, lighting, VFX and UI/UX
• Able to give effective critiques and take feedback and criticism
• Open-minded, motivating, and inspiring personality
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8z73-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.