Title: Applications Engineer IT Business Management (ITBM)
Report to: Sr. Applications Architect, ITBM
Location: Hyderabad, India
As an Application Engineer you will provide functional, technical and application management expertise in delivery of solutions needed to run IT including Asset Management and CMDB. Application Engineer will be responsible for configuration and customizations and lifecycle management of the application(s) for which they are responsible and will participate in the creation and implementation of technology roadmaps that include periodic application/technology rationalization to realize business value of current IT investments. The ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years in a similar role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Service focused attitude oriented with the drive to exceed expectations Translating customer requirements into technical solutions.
• Attention to detail when conducting complex problem analysis and proven ability to resolve difficult problems or problematic situations.
• Work across IT teams and business units to create solutions and participate in initiatives Configuring, maintaining, and administering multiple ITBM applications/tools Collaborate with the team to improve and maintain the architecture of existing ITBM products / implementations.
• Effectively work with vendors on complex issues Provides L2/L3 application expertise (as and when necessary, training will be provided where necessary) to ensure efficient day to day operation; Oversight and accountability for resolution of outages in coordination with other groups Provide functional and technical expertise on applications for medium/high complexity projects and initiatives that deliver business value.
• Provides understanding of other boundary system applications which may serve as a data source Provide technical expertise for projects within specific application and/or technology areas using internal and external resources using Agile methodology.
• Deliver medium/high complexity projects by authoring/reviewing functional/technical design specs, leading code reviews and testing using EA's D&I and Agile/Scrum development methodologies Implementation of enhancements and/or upgrades and ensure that technology standards.
• Support business partners by providing functional expertise for ITBM products and advise on improvements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, conflict resolution, and customer service skills Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team Must be flexible and adaptable to changing business models and organization structures.
• Ability to stay on top of technology, participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our products and tech stack Strong sense of ownership 'can do' attitude and high attention to detail
• Experience working in a distributed global team and flexible to work during or overlapping North American time zones
• Must have 3+ years experience in configuring and building components in Asset Management or Configuration Management systems or similar complex Enterprise Applications experience.
• Have a strong understanding of software applications and data quality management.
• Experience with one or more of the following: MS SQL, Python, PowerShell and/or Bash scripting.
• Must have strong understanding and Administration experience of Unix/Linux Systems, Windows Server and Desktop operating systems, Databases MS SQL, Oracle Working knowledge of Enterprise networks and ability to troubleshoot network-related issues.
• Proven application and systems troubleshooting skills with the ability to multi-task Automation and scripting skills focusing on integrating independent services together
BS or other related I.T Degree in equivalent qualification or 4+ years of industry experience in systems engineering/administration/infrastructure with a specialization around on-premise, Virtualization and/or cloud-based architectures What We'd Also Like to See: Experience with Amazon Web Services, Azure, Desktop, Server and VMware Virtualization Administration Certification Tracks: RCHE/Linux, MCITP, MCSE, CompTIA, AWS, VMWare…etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn40z-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.