Director, Digital Customer Service Operations
We Are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry that's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry
What will you do?
Reporting to the Senior Manager Architecture, the role offers a seasoned Software Architect an opportunity to build scalable, performant and highly available applications and solutions in the cloud. You will establish architecture and design for the applications, you will define coding standards and engineering best practices for the product. Leading a team of engineers, you will deliver applications both for internal and external users. You will use the latest technology features and architecture principles to solve complex problems of modern applications. You will also work with Scrum masters and Product owners to determine and deliver on the product vision.
• Act as a top-level contributor in direction for major, complex programs intended to roll out high-volume, high transaction-based applications and services
• Be a hands-on person leading the global team from the front
• Deliver experiences in partnership with distributed diverse teams to ensure the architectural vision is communicated and delivered to the highest standards.
• Estimate engineering effort during different stages of the project life cycle.
• Mentor 2-4 lead developers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals.
• Perform research and implement best practices for problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
• Follow agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
The next great EA Applications Architect also needs:
• Hands-on coding experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, Microservices and Angular/React
• Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience using Git and related tools like GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc.
• Solid experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, MongoDB
• Expertise in using design principles to deliver system-level technical design
• Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of related experience building and delivering complex mission critical applications and projects.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.