BI /Data Engineer
Guildford, United Kingdom
The Secure Product Engineering & Anti-Cheat Response team ensures that all EA products are developed with the security and gameplay integrity of our players as a top priority. We partner with both platform development teams and game studios to ensure that security and gameplay integrity issues are identified and resolved throughout the application and service lifecycle.
We are looking for a Senior Anti-Cheat Development Manager to secure the integrity of EA's games for our players. As the leader of the Anti-Cheat Engineering team, you will report to the Director of Secure Product Engineering & Anti-Cheat Response. Your primary responsibilities will include leveling up our engineering team with a strong foundation of core engineering expertise, an eye for designing, implementing, and operating an always-available service, and fostering an environment of research and development to create a leading anti-cheat platform for EA.
With your leadership, your team of some of EA's top talent will make the impossible a simple, tangible, and testable reality. In this role, you will solve a critical problem to our players, ensuring they have a fair and level playing field.
• You will work on the code with your engineers to solve complicated problems
• You will help the team in offering simple alternatives to issues they're encountering or reviewing solutions they've designed.
• You will build and evolve a cohesive team; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges, and developmental opportunities to ensure that all your engineers reach their potential.
• You will establish and assign tasks from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables.
• You will partner with the anti-cheat project manager to create deliverables while considering quality, scope, and capacity constraints.
• You will manage engineers across multiple engineering disciplines within a single team.
• You will communicate progress, challenges, risks and mitigations, milestones, and achievements to leadership within EA Security and our studio partners with transparency.
• You will create an inclusive environment and quickly address any conflict on the team.
• Experience working with C++, designing software, and software architecture
• Solid knowledge of Windows APIs and Windows internals
• Experience diving into complex code bases and being productive
• Experience in a Scrum/Agile software development environment.
• Experience managing a team of engineers
• Technical background that enables you to coach engineers in their trade
• Experience working with or familiarity with the external security researching community, game cheat community, and/or identifying and leveraging cheats in games
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.