Redwood City, CA
Term: 12 month contract with potential for full time conversion.
You will report into a studio Development Director.
• Work with Animation Lead and Director to create high-quality keyframe animation with heavy emphasis on full body character acting.
• Produce content under tight game development deadlines.
• With guidance from your Lead, collaborate with other essential contributors of the Production process to fulfill Design Goals. Essential contributions include:
• Work with different technical and art disciplines to solve implementation challenges.
• Estimate and provide scoping options for content to ensure we can meet production deadlines.
• Design animation assets and state machines using our proprietary engine.
• Present implementation strategies alongside other contributors.
• Use both Maya and art tools to implement animated characters and objects in a proprietary engine.
• Use proprietary engine and pre-vis tools to technically verify animation content for self and others.
• Work with other essential disciplines to solve complex game bugs.
• Maintain and track animation assets related to your implementation designs.
• Create technical documentation of your implementations.
• Hold focused discussions concerning technical implementations you have contributed to, to spread knowledge across the animation team.
• 5+ years of experience as a Gameplay Animator working with and designing animation state machines in a game engine such as Unity, Unreal or similar.
• Exceptional skill creating keyframe animation with a primary emphasis on full body character acting.
• Proficient understanding of both game animation and in-engine state machine design.
• Excellent technical comprehension regarding game animation implementation.
• Excellent collaborator with a passion for working across diverse groups to find creative solutions.
• Passion for learning new workflows, processes, and technology.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience in the Simulation genre of games
• Comfortable creating entertaining acting performances for reference for your animations or others.
• Experience working with motion capture processes
• Experience with Atlassian Confluence, Jira software, Shotgun or similar tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb575-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.