Animator (contract) - Maxis
Animator - (Contract) - Maxis
Flexible Work Model: On Site | Hybrid | Remote
As an Animator, your primary role will be to create and iterate on animation content to support both visual targets and prototyping in a pre-production environment. You will be creating and modifying human character animations that express a wide range of emotions and personality. You have skills in both traditional keyframe and motion capture animation workflows. Your secondary role will be to test new animation tools and provide rig feedback. You have knowledge in Maya, Unreal, and motion capture workflows. You will receive direction and feedback directly from Senior Animators and the Animation Director.
You will report to one of our studio Development Directors.
• Work effectively and collaboratively in a remote environment.
• Create expressive keyframe character animation that portrays multiple emotions in a variety of aesthetic acting styles.
• Use both Maya and in-house experimental tools to implement animated characters and objects.
• Excel in a pre-production environment that involves multi-tasking, innovating, and adaptability.
• Iterate on animation content in multiple states for supporting prototypes.
• Provide feedback on tools, rigs, and workflows' impact on animation content.
• Make sure all work is clean and organized with regards to assets within each file and file structure and storage.
• Work within animation guidelines set by Team Leads and Animation Director.
• Collaborate with peers and supervisors on innovative approaches to tackle assignments.
• 3+ years of professional character animation experience using Maya, Max, or equivalent.
• Have an expert and demonstrable understanding of the traditional 'Principles of Animation' and human anatomy in motion.
• Experience in hand-keyed stylization of biped motion.
• Independently find and communicate creative solutions to problems.
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Solid organization and efficient time management skills.
• Ability to take direction and seek clarification from Supervising Animators and Animation Director.
• Secondary experiences as a Technical Animator
• Experience with Mocap animation workflows/cleanup
• Animation Experience in the latest version of Unreal Engine
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7n5p6-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.