Animator (contract) - Maxis
Animator - Contract
Location: Redwood Shores
Term: 12 months
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
You will report into one of our studio Development Directors.
• Create expressive character animation that portrays multiple emotions.
• Deliver content that meets technical requirements.
• Perform as a key contributor of the animation production process.
• Use both Maya and proprietary art tools to implement animated characters and objects in the game.
• Work with Engineering, Audio and Design to ensure animation meets technical and game play requirements.
• Make sure all work is clean and organized with regards to assets within each file and file structure and storage.
• 3+ years of professional character animation experience using Maya, Max, or equivalent.
• Must exhibit traditional animation principles (timing, spacing, squash and stretch, etc…) and can demonstrate that knowledge.
• Understanding of creative and technical challenges to video game animation.
• Animation experience with FK and IK skeletal systems.
• Follow animation guidelines from the team leads.
• Ability to find creative solutions to problems independently.
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Solid organization and efficient time management. Take direction and seek clarification.
• You are able work with other game team leads in an organization that values deadlines.
Our Global Benefits package is not included for this particular role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2nym2-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.