Animator - Contract
ANIMATOR - EA Create
EA is a world-renowned entertainment leader, creating top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences enjoyed by players all over the world. EA artists strive to create characters, performances, scenery, moods and experiences that suspend disbelief and emotionally connect with players.
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Animation team provides high-quality facial animation and body motion performances for in-game, cinematic and narrative sequences.
Animators are responsible for high quality performances in all aspects of their work. They know how to reveal attitude, emotions, and mood through a character's movement and behavior, and create memorable characters that will appeal to players. It's essential to have knowledge of the timing and appearance of human and animal movement as well as facial expressions. In the end, the look of a game is one of the most significant factors contributing to the overall success of the game.
We are looking for a contract Animator to join our team in Los Angeles, CA.
**This position is a temporary assignment. Relocation is not offered for this position.**
• Create high quality animation using a variety of tools and techniques: hand key, motion capture, motion blending, etc.
• Ensure all animations contribute to the overall direction of the game, both in the experience and the story being told
• Must have a strong understanding of classic animation principles and fundamentals: staging, squash and stretch, timing, anticipation, follow through, exaggeration, arcs, etc., as well as an intrinsic ability for storytelling
• Ability to animate weight, personality, mood, and believability through realistic or stylized performances
• Strong proficiency in animation packages including Maya, MotionBuilder proficiency a plus
• Must have production experience or demonstrated ability of working in the more recent versions of the Unreal engine
• Ability to learn and work with proprietary animation run-time integration tools
• Understanding of animation and motion capture production processes
• Understand feedback, interpret notes, and deliver revisions at the expected quality, turnaround time and within the schedule needed
• Able to work as part a team, responsible for organizing their work within the production schedule, managing files, and meeting deadlines
• Work with partnering game teams to deliver consistent performance quality
• Collaborate and communicate with project animation directors, management, animators, production staff and peers
• Degree in Fine Arts or Computer Animation preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o6ye-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.