Redwood City, CA
We are EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Challenge Ahead:
The EADP Data Group develops a new unified Big Data pipeline across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud-based tech stack with best-in-class tools. The Data Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
We are looking for developers who are interested in working on a large scale distributed data system from the ground up for one of the most creative, innovative companies in technology.
What an AI Scientist does at EA
• Develop state-of-the-art algorithms and extract key insights from EA's rich store of data to empower intelligent agents within the EA ecosystem
• Create scalable solutions for problems in the gaming domain
• Design, develop and evaluate highly creative AI applications for content creation, NPC behavior, game balance evaluation, and recommendations
• Work closely with the core development teams to deploy AI applications seamlessly as part of production systems
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for enterprise-level management of AI applications
• Research and implement novel AI approaches for new business problems.
The next great EA AI Scientist should have
• Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, or related fields (focus in AI or ML a plus)
• Track record of having developed novel AI algorithms, and major journal and conference publications
• Strong problem-solving ability
• Strong programming skills (object-oriented and functional paradigms)
• Experience with large-scale data and distributed systems – Experience with Apache Hadoop, Spark, and Tensorflow a plus
• 1+ years of experience with SQL and MPP databases
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefits packages, tuition reimbursement, and 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.