Title – Accountant II, Controllership
Location – Hyderabad
Experience: 5-8 Years
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experienced originators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About EA India - Electronic Arts India, a technology company and video game developer in India, brings together experienced individuals from diverse backgrounds with a shared experience inspiring the world to play. We prioritise your well-being with our great compensation package and benefit programmes, including potential annual performance bonuses and stock awards, and premium healthcare for you and your loved ones. you can also take advantage of our vibrant and dynamic studio facility which includes relaxation spaces, games, and a cafeteria to refuel and recharge.
About role –An excellent opening at Electronic Arts (India) in General Ledger Accounting domain.
The responsibility of the General Accounting function includes:
1. Dealing with journal entries like Accruals, Prepaids, Allocations, with utmost accuracy.
2. Working on Cash & Bank reconciliations, Fixed Assets, Leases and Intercompany accounting and the associated reporting activities.
3. Prepare Balance Sheet Reconciliations for multiple general ledger accounts (Cash, Fixed assets, Inter Company, Current assets, Current liabilities).
You will report to Supervisor, Controllership
Main Responsibilities of this Role:
• You will be the gatekeeper of our monthly account reconciliations and highlights all related issues in reconciliation.
• Knowledge of Balance sheet items/ Income statement line items.
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) in preparation of Bank reconciliations
• Expert level knowledge in preparation of Accrual and Prepaid journal entries, in compliance with the journal entry policy.
• Knowledge of Fixed assets accounting cycle (capitalization, depreciation accounting, disposals, retirement).
• Tag Fixed assets such as furniture, hardware, to allow proper tracking and to prevent them from being misappropriated.
• Recommends changes to all processes affecting the GL to simplify while improving transparency.
• Working knowledge in Intercompany, AGIS, ICO Settlement & Netting activities.
• Working knowledge of VAT computation.
• Experience in lease accounting. Implement ASC 842.
Desired Candidate Profile:
• Semi Qualified Chartered Accountant/Bachelor/master's degree in commerce with 5 to 7 years of relevant business experience.
• Advanced accounting and financial skills required. Hunger to apply accounting principles and practices. Experience in USGAAP concepts is must.
• Hands-on experience on Oracle R12 and Cadency Certification will be an added advantage.
• Customer-focused, to changing schedules and multiple work plans with moderate management.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro2mq4-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.