Senior Environment Artist - Hard Surfaces
Full Circle is a new studio based in Vancouver, with team members around the globe, embracing a remote-working, geo-diverse team and culture. We are all about having fun, taking chances and making great games that people want to play with their friends. Working on the next evolution of Skate, we are set to achieve an experience that will embrace and build upon everything that makes this franchise so special.
3D Object Lead Associate Art Director– SKATE
This position is open to qualified individuals anywhere in the Americas where EA operates as an employer.
We are looking for an experienced 3D Object Lead Associate Director to join our Skate team. This is an opportunity to join us in the early stages of development on a new entry in the Skate franchise. You will report to Skate's Art Director and work in collaboration with content creators working on the creation of levels, world-based features, and content creation techniques.
• Stay current with the state-of-the-industry in environment modeling and surfacing techniques.
• Work with the Art Director and World Craft Director on Visual Look Development projects to explore and establish environment art direction.
• Work with the World Director to establish Environment Theming & Tone, References for sections of the world.
• Work with the Art Director, Technical Art Director, and Technical Art team to explore & experiment with different methods for creating environment assets including Photogrammetry, Procedural Asset Creation, Sculpting.
• Create benchmark assets to set visual quality targets and establish high-level estimates for different types of environment content.
• Oversee the visual quality and consistency of environment assets throughout the game.
• Establish high-level goals and quality standards for environment asset artists, including external partners.
• Create asset briefs for external partners that clearly communicate the necessary requirements for asset creation.
• Work with the Technical Art team to establish technical requirements and budgets for environment assets. Oversee and maintain these requirements going forward.
• Experience shipping environment content in a craft leadership context on 1-2 shipped console/PC titles.
• Strong knowledge of architecture, city planning, and visual design.
• Excellent sense of visual composition, form and color.
• Proficiency with many different methods for creation or acquisition of environment assets such as scan data, hard surface modeling, and vegetation.
• Demonstrable competency in 3D modeling, materials/surfacing software packages such as Maya, ZBrush and the Substance Suite.
• Interested in new and unfamiliar tools related to modeling, world building, surfacing, and rendering.
• Excellent knowledge of how to manage content for games in an optimized and performant manner.
• Able to effectively communicate about the various processes involved with the creation of environment assets through meetings, presentations, and documentation.
• Able to give effective feedback and to help guide environment artists to improve the quality of their work.
• A degree in Fine Art, Digital Art, Animation, Visual Design, or related diploma or certificate
Please submit a portfolio/demo reel link with your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.