3D Artist (Toronto)
At our Crowdstar studio we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women. With our successful mobile game titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, Crowdstar has developed new ways for users (players) to enjoy fashion and interior design. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game.
We are seeking a 3D artist to help create high quality art assets for one of our new products.
This role will work with the Art Director to visualize and produce realistic 3D models for a new CrowdStar product. You have excellent modeling and texturing skills with a focus on realistic detail and an eye for natural lighting. You'll work within established guidelines and processes to meet a full content schedule.
You'll most often:
• Assist with intake, quality control, and refinement of outsourced assets
• Export, integrate and test your own work in a Unity staging environment
• Maintain a tight schedule and collaborate closely with the content team on goals and timelines
• Model, sculpt, texture and light realistic, game-ready 3D assets in Maya or 3DSMax and Zbrush
• Communicate closely with AD on style and receive feedback well
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
• A discerning eye for realistic lighting and detail
• Proficiency in efficient retopology, UV unwrapping and texturing
• A versatility of style and an appreciation for art and design outside the world of games
• A passion for experimentation, collaboration and pushing boundaries
• An appreciation for lifestyle content (i.e. Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, etc)
And your skills and experience include:
• 2-3 years experience creating high-detail, realistic game assets
• Experience with Unity and implementing 3D assets into game engines
• Self-motivation and the ability to collaborate effectively within a fun and energetic team
Additional valuable skills:
• Experience with Substance Designer/Painter, and the Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with photogrammetry
• Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited Art Program or equivalent experience
• **Please submit your portfolio with your application
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mxwe-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.