Disney Entertainment includes the company's full portfolio of entertainment media and content businesses globally, including streaming.
The Ad Sales Finance team in DMED is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the team for digital ad sales support for Disney+, reporting to the Manager, Finance. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the newest growth product and segment for the company. The team works closely with Disney Ad Sales Revenue and Yield Management (RYM), Research, and Technology teams to deliver strategic, financial and operational insights and goals of the business.
The SFA will partner with the RYM, Research, Technology, Subscription Finance, and Controllership teams to prepare budgets, forecasts, and strategic financial plans. The role will also be responsible for providing recurring KPI reporting, which includes assisting the Manager, Finance in standing up a new set of KPIs and business processes. He/She will help develop models of the full funnel ad model for Disney+, Rate/Volume analysis, Forecast/Plan modeling, and tightly coordinate business planning across DMED's streaming platforms (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+).He/She will lead analysis and insights into digital OI growth initiatives such as inventory optimization, pricing opportunities, and new product features.
Due to the market-facing nature of our work and our shifting industry landscape, a successful candidate will have the aptitude to efficiently execute their tasks, develop new ways of analyzing and thinking about existing problems, work cross-functionally to get job done, and contribute to ideas and initiatives generation.
This role relies heavily on a working knowledge of the ad sales business. The ideal candidate will be able to easily navigate and clearly communicate between the ad sales organization and the finance organization. A strong analytical background to drive business insights and recommendations with quantifiable impact is required.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
• Prepare quarter-end reporting, forecasts, annual operating plan (AOP), long-range plan (LRP) and variance analysis for all components of digital ad revenue including key metrics for management (inventory, pricing, STR). Develop and report data for weekly pacing reports.
• Provide day-to-day support, data and inventory analysis, data reconciliation, insight to third-party costs and ad hoc requests for digital and programmatic revenue channels for all stakeholders.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of reporting tools and financial models.
• Support portfolio-wide business reviews and digital revenue growth initiatives.
• Provide insight into trends and identify risks and opportunities via in-depth data analysis using various reporting tools and business knowledge in collaboration with segment finance teams. Partner with various groups including Disney Ad Sales leadership and Research to measure ad performance and make recommendations to influence the direction of the business.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• 2+ years in a corporate finance / business analytics role (ad sales experience is a plus)
• Extensive experience and proficient in Microsoft Excel modeling and quantitative data analysis. Exceptional Excel skills required (nested statements, pivot tables, charting, combining functions like Index Match, Offset and Indirect)
• Exceptional analytical abilities, capable of using data tools to drive decision-making using Tableau, Adjuster and managing large pools of data in Excel
• Experience in SAP, COGNOS, or similar financial reporting tool
• Strong ability to extract key information and transition seamlessly from explaining micro details to communicating how they impact the big picture
• Acute attention to detail and aptitude for troubleshooting data discrepancies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact at all levels of the organization. Ability to produce concise, effective, and visually appealing presentations
• Strong intellectual curiosity and ability to think outside-the-box
• Strong work ethic and an ability to prioritize across multiple projects. Goal-oriented and client-facing mentality, entrepreneurial spirit to continue innovating and adding value
• Proactive communication style with the ability to build/foster relationships with business partners internally and externally
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics is a plus
The hiring range for this position in New York is $97,170 to $130,350 per year and in California is $92,742 - $124,410 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw5632-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.