Analyst, Digital Ad Sales
New York, NY
The Ad Sales Finance team is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to support ESPN digital ad sales and reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance. The team works closely with Disney Ad Sales Revenue and Yield Management (RYM), Research, Accounting, Strategy, Partnerships teams to deliver strategic, financial, and operational insights and goals of the business.
The SFA will partner with the RYM, Research, Partnerships, Strategy, Subscription Finance, and Controllership teams to analyze and forecast the performance of the ESPN advertising business. This includes but is not limited to, evaluating overall portfolio health, extracting data insights into inventory and demand trends, preparing reports and presentations for management, and assisting with other strategic projects. The role will also be responsible for providing recurring metric reporting, which includes assisting the Senior Manager, Finance in standing up a new set of metrics and business processes. They will help develop models of the full funnel ad model for ESPN, Rate/Volume analysis, and tightly coordinate business planning across streaming platforms (Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+).He/She will lead analysis and insights into digital OI growth initiatives such as inventory optimization, pricing opportunities, and new product features, by applying data-driven analysis.
The data-driven culture here requires this candidate to have strong analytical and data mining abilities, so experience with database and large data set is strongly preferred. Due to the market-facing nature of our work and our shifting industry landscape, a successful candidate will have the ability to efficiently implement their tasks, develop new ways of analyzing and thinking about existing problems, work cross-functionally to get job done, and contribute to ideas and initiatives generation.
This role relies heavily on a working knowledge of the ad sales business. The ideal candidate will be able to easily navigate and clearly communicate between the ad sales organization and the finance organization. A strong analytical background to drive business insights and recommendations with quantifiable impact is required.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
• Work closely with operation teams including Sales, Product, Marketing, and Data teams to forecast revenue (weekly reporting, monthly forecasts, Budget, Long Range Plan). Build and develop data queries to extract insights from existing data base, apply data skills to identify trends in business/metrics, and discover opportunities to improve business health and yield optimization.
• Assist with the development, maintenance, and enhancement of reporting tools and financial models.
• Participate in ad-hoc analysis to help drive business strategic business decisions including rights acquisitions, fast channels, ESPN Bet, 3rd party partnerships, and new product updates to help drive engagement.
• Presentation & Decision Support: assist process of crafting presentations to support executive decision-making. Regularly present analytical insights to drive decisions and identify areas for improvement.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• 2+ years in a corporate finance / business analytics role (ad sales experience is a plus)
• Experience with SQL, Tableau, MicroStrategy, database tools preferred
• Extensive experience and proficient in Microsoft Excel modeling and quantitative data analysis. Outstanding Excel skills required (nested statements, pivot tables, charting, combining functions like Index Match, Offset and Indirect)
• Exceptional analytical abilities, capable of using data tools to drive decision-making and managing large pools of data in Excel.
• Experience in SAP, COGNOS, or similar financial reporting tool preferred.
• Proactive communication style with the ability to build/foster relationships with business partners internally and externally.
• Strong ability to extract key information and share results that are clear and adaptable to the audience.
• Acute attention to detail and skills for troubleshooting data discrepancies
• Strong intellectual curiosity and ability to think outside-the-box.
• Strong work ethic and an ability to prioritize across multiple projects. Goal-oriented and client-facing mentality, entrepreneurial spirit to continue innovating and making valuable contributions.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics is a plus.
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $104,300.00-$130,300.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business we call Shared Services.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn07nk-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.