The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney+ streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
DMED Learning & Development (L&D) is looking for an exceptional addition to join our L&D team! The L&D Coordinator, will play a key role in supporting and coordinating learning initiatives and development opportunities for DMED employees. The right person for this role is organized, has strong attention to detail, project management capabilities, exceptional customer service, communication and interpersonal skills, and is a proactive problem solver. This person will also support aspects of facilitation. If you are a team player dedicated to building relationships, managing processes, and helping set the Learning & Development team up for success, then this is a great role for you. This position will report to the Manager of Learning & Development, located in NY.
• Scheduling meetings in Outlook, creating documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), shipping materials, swag, etc.
• Updating and maintaining L&D team events calendar
Curriculum/Consultation/Event Support and Logistics
• Assist facilitator(s) in ILT sessions by producing virtual sessions/events (ie: Zoom attendance, breakout rooms, sharing presentation, troubleshooting, etc)
• Schedule training rooms, setting up training rooms with equipment and A/V, and ordering catering as needed for all in person sessions/events
• Course material production and distribution
• Sending course invitations, reminders and materials to employees
• Preparing evaluations/surveys, distributing and collecting data, tabulating responses, preparing summary data and creating spreadsheets
• Drive process improvement across L&D team related programs
• General support to course facilitator as needed
• Learning Management System (LMS): Scheduling courses tracking enrollment, preparing class rosters, giving credit for attendance, researching historical data and running reports as needed, and uploading relevant content
• Mentor System: Provide administrative tech. support and answer user questions
Marketing/ Communications Support
• Serve as first point of contact for all department inbox inquiries
• Develop emails, presentations, reports and summaries for stakeholders
• Communicate professionally, tactfully and with the utmost diplomacy at all times. Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
• Prepare marketing emails, create distribution lists and marketing materials
• Help updated and maintain content on team SharePoint site
• Experience of at least one year in Learning & Development or a related talent field
• Advanced computer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and Zoom
• Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and project management skills
• Strong time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly
• Detail-oriented with the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure
• Exceptional organizational and follow-thru skills with the ability to work on many projects simultaneously.
• Effective communicator, both verbally and written
• Ability to form a strong partnership with team members
• Interested in learning how to facilitate
• Bachelor's Degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1jym-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.