Wherever you are in the amazing world of Disney, you are contributing to the stories of our iconic brands, recognised by audiences everywhere for entertainment, information and inspiration. Innovation, imagination, and inclusion are at the core of Disney, defining the experience that we deliver as well as providing the foundation of our success. The scope of our business, combined with global growth and collaboration result in an inclusive employee experience characterised by continuous learning, development, and achievement.
The HR Coordinator is a key position within the ANZ HR team. Reporting to the Senior HR Manager in Melbourne, the role helps shape the employee experience and ensures that a first-class HR service is delivered to the ANZ business, across all locations.
Working collaboratively with the ANZ HR team and the APAC Global HR Operations (GHRO) team, the HR Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that Cast Members have a seamless experience throughout their journey with Disney, from onboarding to offboarding and everything in between.
The role is integral to the successful execution of lifecycle HR processes and in delivering HR activities and projects across the organisation.
This role will involve:
• Be a first point of contact for Cast Members to resolve HR queries and issues, whilst maintaining an understanding of HR policies, processes, programs and practices to offer advice on their appropriate interpretation and application to cast members. Using judgment to escalate when needed.
• Monitor HR Outlook mailboxes (i.e. ANZ HR, Learning and Response Inboxes) and respond to queries accordingly.
• Maintain understanding across all lines of business (LOBs) on their people and structure changes, working with the HRBP and GHRO
• In partnership with GHRO, coordinate on-boarding and off-boarding activities
• Coordinate processes related to Parental Leave alongside the relevant HRBP, including managing communications with the Cast Member before, during and after leave to provide a best-in-class experience for all Cast Members taking parental leave, and working with GHRO to ensure all records are accurately maintained and processed through Payroll.
• Support the management of HR engagement initiatives and benefits
• Coordinate Cast Member relocations, working closely with the relevant Line Manager, HRBP and LOB Assistant to ensure a smooth transition.
• Assist the delivery and execution of cyclical annual HR processes, including (but not limited to): compensation planning; talent calibration; performance reviews (DAchieve); diversity & inclusion; succession & talent planning; and assist with respective reporting and data collection.
• Work with GHRO on regular HR reporting and maintaining personnel data quality and accuracy in particular across the HRIS and payroll systems, and the HR drive and filing;
• Ensure the content of HR articles and information available on DTools HR is current and up-to-date. Partner closely with GHRO and global teams to ensure documents are updated regularly and appropriately.
• Work closely with the HR team on changes to HR policies, processes and employment law, administering the updates and communications of the changes to the appropriate audiences.
• Support WHS activities across ANZ e.g. booking training, updating charts and maintaining records and other ad hoc WHS matters as and when needed.
• Assist the Talent Acquisition team during busy periods.
• Participate in HR Projects across the Australia & New Zealand business as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• 1-3 years HR experience in a HR Coordination/Administration role, preferably within a global organisation with matrix operating model.
• Tertiary qualification or equivalent work experience in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport across different areas and levels of the business.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey information in a clear and courteous manner appropriate for the audience.
• Effective administration and coordination skills, with strong attention to detail and problem-solving capabilities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams.
• Experience working with a HRIS, Workday experience highly advantageous.
The Walt Disney Company can provide individual accessibility support that may be needed during your interview process. Please let us know of accommodations that may assist in helping you feel welcome by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is unique opportunity to join the talented team that develops and delivers unparalleled entertainment across Australia and New Zealand so if this role captures your imagination then
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3wxj4-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.