In less than two years from launch, Disney+ topped 117 million active subscribers and we have aspirations for many more. Ensuring all of our millions of users have the magical experience they come to expect from Disney, when watching their favourite shows is a challenge that we relish.
As part of Product Marketing Operations, the Senior Manager, EMEA Engagement and Retention Ops is the primary driver of enabling messaging solutions that align with Global and Regional Marketing team strategies.
As the leader of an Engagement & Retention Operations team, you will champion best practice application of data and technical messaging solutions against existing capabilities, and be the go-to for messaging channel subject matter expertise with regional partners.
You will lead and motivate a professional team that is proficient in advocating a strategy, partnering with a large global team, distributing capabilities through documentation and training, and remain hands-on with code to ultimately deliver high-quality business impact.
• You will drive EMEA messaging solutions and best practice adoption for email, push, in-app and other messaging channels.
• Manage message scrum (e.g. intake, issue assignment, build/release, sprint closure).
• Run split and multivariate experiments, ensuring protocols are administered to minimize bias.
• Implement and manage journey programs.
• Oversee end-to-end messaging builds, ensuring flawless execution and quality assurance.
• Monitor messaging and mitigate or flag issues to partners.
• Traffic messages utilizing targeting capabilities while balancing against business goals.
• Implement and audit all analytic encoding to enable messaging effectiveness.
• Drive messaging reporting and run ad hoc analysis when requested.
• Ensure all solutions are documented (e.g. Github, Wiki) to ensure transparency.
• Manage team reporting and executive presentations.
• Ensure all messages conform to all legal and compliance requirements.
• Coach, manage and develop a professional team.
What we are looking for:
• A superior stakeholder partnership manager with a consultative approach.
• Working knowledge of agile methodologies and of Jira/Confluence is essential.
• 10+ years in CRM or technical operations, ideally within a global agency or a large firm.
• You have exceptional attention to detail, with an ability to identify issues and implement remedies. You have superior presentation, communication and documentation skills.
• An understanding and administration of message experiment best practices.
• Deep experience in email, push, sms, in-app messaging channels and platforms.
• Language fluency in English is essential and you are familiar with additional European languages, with fluency in either German, French, Spanish, and/or Italian.
• Experience directly managing, motivating and supporting a globally distributed team.
• You are analytically orientated and curious, using insights to drive your next course of action.
• General knowledge of HTML, template scripting (e.g. AMPscript, Liquid), and SQL.
• An understanding and administration of experimental best practices and working knowledge of compliance requirements.
• You are self motivated, with a drive to exceed user expectations and enable marketers.
• A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, IT, Computer Science or related field; OR equivalent practical experience is desired.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5qny-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.