Development Executive, Local Originals
Mexico City, CDM
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of production projects for from treatment review to final delivery of commission, co-production, solutions and reversion projects .
• Works with outside production companies and production units to ensure proper execution of commissions, co-productions, solutions and reversions
• Communicates standards of quality and accuracy with outside production companies, particularly during story conference and rush stages, including early notification of productions not meeting DSC standards. Editorial supervision of projects: reading, editing and approving preliminary and final treatments; approving shooting scripts; reviewing and approving off-lines of fine cut and show masters.
• Supervises production phases of reversions or repackaging, including editing, re-narration, post-production, audio, scripting, graphics, field and studio production.
• Develops projects or series for consideration.
• Assess the editorial quality, technical viability, and financial requirements of written proposals submitted to DSC Mexico, in the light of previously identified network needs.
At least ten years hands-on production experience as producer / writer/director in television. Strong field and studio production experience is essential, as well as prior production experience acting in a Supervising Producer capacity. Broad knowledge of studio production and post-production, including graphics and music, is essential. Experience in a variety of program genres (e.g. documentary, reality, drama, animation, live action) a plus. Strong leadership and motivational skills, with demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines within budgetary constraints. Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Creative, with an ability to generate new ideas. An independent thinker who is very much a team player and willing to be accountable for projects overseen. Proven problem solver. Spanish and English a must.
Discovery DLA-USH is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5vo6-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.