New York, NY
The Sales Assistant position is the entry level role to get you on the path to a successful career within multiplatform media sales. Sales Assistants provide sales support to Account Executives and Sales Planners.
1. Establish strong business relationships and act as a liaison with advertising agency counterparts and internal departments including Pricing and Planning, Commercial Operations, Marketing and Billing and Direct Response.
2. Respond to all client requests in a timely manner (flighting, revisions, allocations, added value, etc.).
3. Execute all client orders across multiplatforms insuring that they are in approved weekly programming and compliant with all client requirements.
4. Handle program and commercial changes and issue change notices to clients.
5. Work with Account Executive and the Marketing department on promotional assets, material deadlines, and approvals.
6. Work closely with Commercial Operations to schedule promotional assets.
7. Reconcile billing discrepancies with agencies and billing department.
8. Perform other tasks as directed by manager.
• Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
• High level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
• Great verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a deadline driven environment
• Strong problem solving skills and customer service skills
• Detail oriented and team player
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies
• Ability to work overtime with short notice
• Previous marketing, sales or communications internships experience a plus
• Bacholor's degree highly preferred
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5y83-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.