About Our Team:
US Media Logistics prepares material for US Broadcast and Digital Distribution. The facilitates content delivery, ensures the materials meet Discovery's standards of quality, coordinates media workflows with internal and external partners, and manages the media through broadcast and digital distribution workflows.
The Project Manager provides daily operational support for Digital Media Platforms, Encode Projects and On-Air/Linear content, assists the Media Logistics team within and across network pods, and ensures that materials are processed in a timely manner to all necessary endpoints.
• Manage, track and report on asset delivery from vendors through the QC process
• Work with programming and production teams & other GT&O partners to communicate delivery timelines, prioritization, and special requirements. Adapt to changing schedules, deadlines, and assignments by being flexible with respect to available resources.
• Perform database entry/management to update media availability and job statuses into workflow management systems (ex: Distribute, Mediaflex)
• Responsible for troubleshooting program issues to ensure successful delivery to distribution end points
• Communicate project status, changes and problems to Production Center Operations clearly, on a regular basis, and with an appropriate level of urgency and follow-through.
• Assist US Media Logistics Managers and Coordinators with media receipt and distribution workflows
• Other linear and non-linear duties as assigned
• 3-5 years' experience with post production, broadcast operations, and/or log operations highly preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, television, film, media, logistics, or operations highly preferred.
• Solid technical background with knowledge and understanding of multiple media platforms.
• Strong working knowledge of post-production environment, standards, and equipment preferred.
• Work experience within the media/tech industry preferred.
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude with ability to lead and handle high volume projects and tasks.
• Superior organizational skills with a high degree of flexibility, attention to detail, and ability to respond to changing priorities, timelines, and deadlines.
• Self-learner, independent, with outstanding problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize effectively.
• Experience with Microsoft Suite to include: Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
• If internal candidate, experience using Discovery Internal Systems (ie. MediaFlex) highly preferred.
• This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, that employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejz41-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.