London, United Kingdom
Discovery is also a leading provider of educational products and services to schools and owns and operates a diversified portfolio of digital media services.
The position will have total responsibility for coordinating the compliance edits and languaging for a selection of channels from Discovery's portfolio. Ensuring the content is ready for transmission and the schedules are localised for the relevant channel in time for the scheduled transmission dates. This will involve ensuring our internal tracking database PALM and the scheduling system IBMS is up to date with edit, languaging and delivery information. This role requires daily liaison with the Reversioning Team, language vendors, the transmission facility and internal Discovery departments to coordinate the materials to and from the language vendor, troubleshoot any issues with reference materials for suppliers and also solving any issues with languages that have delivered.
• Working with the PALM and IBMS systems daily, and maintaining all relevant systems
• Actioning acquisition deal memos
• Liaising with external distributors and production companies for successful delivery of all available source materials and associated ancillaries
• Booking internal edits through ScheduAll & Edit 2.0 systems and obtaining sign-off from Programming contacts
• Liaising with a number of internal teams including Reversioning, Compliance, Post Production, Media Services & Presentation
• Ordering the required languages for your channel/s, providing scripts and material to suppliers
• Effectively managing and coordinating the trafficking of materials to and from the translation facilities across Europe ensuring they are delivered in time for transmission
• Effectively hitting all deadlines for delivery, dispatch and return of materials
• Troubleshooting any late running programmes and files, daily liaison with language vendors, dealing with requests for replacement reference materials and managing replacements for faulty language files
• Updating IBMS with language information and updating relevant systems and documents with any cancellations
• Tracking and checking invoices against deliveries
• High level of communication internally and externally regarding programme languaging deadlines
• Keeping computerised records accurate and up to date
• Ad hoc duties include sick and holiday cover for team members and assisting where necessary
• Experience of the broadcast industry desirable
• Computer literate, intermediate excel skills, word, previous use of broadcasting systems IBMS and ScheduAll also preferable
• Excellent organisational/administrative skills
• Attention to detail essential
• The ability to prioritise and effectively manage a large number of different projects simultaneously and prioritising as necessary
• Excellent people and interpersonal skills, good team player
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to different demands
• Initiative, proactivity and motivation
• Ability to communicate effectively in an international environment
• Provide customer service to internal stakeholders
• European language skills would be an advantage
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx34q1-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel.