Business Partner, People & Culture Partner – News & Sports
Warner Bros. Discovery's People & Culture team provides leading edge solutions to support the growth, development and engagement of our employees across the organization.
Our team partners closely with the business to anticipate and deliver programs, products and solutions to keep our talent engaged and our company competitive. We operate as one team. We are agile, whether we're helping structure an organization, fill a key role, develop new capabilities across the team or grow talent across all levels of the organization. We do the right thing, even when it's hard. We are trusted advisors to the business and collaborate with our People & Culture COEs to deliver programs and results across the organization.
The People & Culture Partner is a key position within Warner Bros. Discovery's People and Culture team. The position will support the People & Culture team as well as the business by providing solutions to employee-related matters, maintaining a balance between being a strategic business partner and employee champion. This position will continuously challenge the status quo and develop initiatives that ensure Warner Bros. Discovery remains an employer of choice. This position will be located in New York with some anticipated travel.
The People & Culture Partner will be a positive self-starter who can think strategically about big picture business goals as well as tactically execute a full range of People & Culture initiatives. In this dynamic culture, the role will serve as the primary partner to the business and the liaison with the broader HR community of Warner Bros. Discovery. Candidates for this position should be innovative, solution-oriented, analytical, collaborative, and be able to engage with colleagues across level, location, and discipline. The role must effectively work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, and creative environment, bringing an energy and enthusiasm to the function, founded in sound strategy. This role will partner with businesses that operate with a 24 x7 schedule, requiring engagement outside of normal business hours.
• Point of contact for mid and senior level leader in WBD. Will serve as escalation point for all employees on matters that cannot be resolved by our employee services teams.
• Partner with the People & Culture team in the implementation of corporate programs, internal training, change management initiatives, etc.
• Provide advice, coaching, counseling, and training to proactively create/maintain an inclusive, respectful, and safe work environment
• Partner with Employee Relations and Employment Legal to deliver People & Culture solutions on people related issues
• Aptitude and experience with data management, metrics and visualization
• Apply and communicate company policies
• Partner with Recruitment and Total Rewards on recruitment of permanent and temporary staffing
• Develop strong working relationships with all People & Culture COE functions to provide 'seamless' support and guidance to the business including Recruitment, Learning & Development, HRIS, Compensation & Benefits
• Create presentation decks, charts, graphs, and various materials, as needed
• Manage special projects, as assigned
• A Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
• A minimum of 4+ years of experience within Human Resources
• Collaborative working style
• Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn and grow and develop
• Thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment
• Strong in communicating with others and builds strong relationships with colleagues and employees
• Good judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company and employees
• Strong organization and project management skills
• Working knowledge of compensation and benefits practices
• Experience in working with a culturally diverse workforce
• Knowledge of national, state and local Employee and Labor Relations practices, laws and regulations
• Has a desire and ability to report onsite on a regular basis or work on a hybrid schedule.
Current WBD employees will be given preferential consideration for this opportunity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d508j3-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.