The ''Ad Sales Billing Specialist'' role is critical to Discovery Communications Finance and Accounting Organization. This role plays a key part in ensuring the Company properly manages working capital, while maintaining the highest degree of internal and external customer service.
The ''Ad Sales Billing Specialist'' is responsible for using contract information in concert with remittance information to issue Ad Sales Invoices, and conduct all Ad Sales billing related activates.
This position will be responsible for managing the customer relationship with respect to matters of timely and accurate remittance receipt.
They must maintain a deep and granular command of all Billing related issues with respect to an assigned portfolio of (scope to be defined) Ad Sales accounts.
The ''Ad Sales Billing Specialist'' will be expected to liaise with internal customers, and act as a customer specific Subject matter expert.
They will provide meaningful explanations of month over month billing variances, trend analysis, and key performance metrics.
Discovery's Global Business Services (GBS) organization maintains operations across the globe including major hubs in Warsaw Poland, Knoxville US and New Deli India. The organization is known for its innovative thinking, best practice implementation and customer service. We seek to unlock financial value for the company through igniting curiosity in all of our team members, encouraging collaboration and constantly transforming.
• University degree (BA/BS or equivalent) in accounting or a final year student
• Intellectually curious.
• Critical thinker and exceptional problem solver.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to frame issues and articulate findings.
• Proficient use of MS Excel - large spreadsheets, pivot tables, sorting, reporting.
• Previous experience with SAP strongly preferred
• Fluency in English
• Generate accurate and timely customer invoicing
• Continuous monitoring of contractual compliance
• Function as the subject matter expert for a portfolio of customer accounts
• Create and improve processes to build efficiency
• Generate regular analysis and ad hoc reporting
• Ensure SOX controls are operating effectively and evidenced timely, and provide support for all audit and SOX related requests from internal and external auditors
• Support the Collections Manager with the cash forecast targets for region and ad hoc projects
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88b0k-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.