Audio Description Writer
We currently have an opening for an entry-level Audio Description Writer. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
• Write audio description scripts for feature films / TV / Streaming Media projects.
• Follow Deluxe specific guidelines on description creation with regard to style, formatting, and workflow.
• Elevate Audio Description writing skills in order to work on higher-level projects
• QC recorded AD as needed
• Proof AD scripts as needed
• BA/BS in Literature, Creating Writing, Screenwriting, Film Studies, or applicable equivalent experience preferred, but not required
• Knowledge of Audio Description and its fundamentals preferred but not required
• Successful applicants will be trained in the fundamentals of AD writing and Deluxe's style
• A sharp sense of how to use words to engage the viewer's mind and emotions.
• Clear and compelling writing skills and an understanding of how words and images work together.
• A keen eye for recognizing important details in the program that need to be conveyed to visually impaired people.
• An understanding of how to match the tone of the description to the tone of the content.
• Team player and ability to work in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Comfortable knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and computers
• Ability to quickly learn how to use new software and adapt to new workflows
• All candidates will be required to complete a written test that will determine their potential and current skill level. The test will require writing AD for 3 short clips. A training video will be available prior to assignment for reference and guidance on the expected style.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
About the Company
Deluxe, a subsidiary of Platinum Equity, is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world's most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and cloud-based technologies.
With headquarters in Los Angeles and offices around the globe, the company employs over 3,500 of the most talented individuals, developers, and industry veterans worldwide. For more information, please visit www.bydeluxe.com.
Deluxe is committed to inclusivity, fostering an environment where every employee feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's HR representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.